British talents Max Rushby and Alfred George successfully defended their lead on the final day of the AVS Cup, the Future Six Days of Ghent.
Rushby and George collected a total of 118 points, 19 more than German pair Arne Birkemose and Tim Torn Teutenberg. Fellow Brits Oliver Stockwell and Oscar Nilsson-Julien were third on 93 points to complete the podium. Michael Steyaert and Siebe Deweirdt (31 points) finished sixth as the best of the Belgian teams.
Classification Future Six Days:
- Max Rushby/Alfred George (GBr) 118 points
- Arne Birkemose/Tim Torn Teutenberg (Ger) 99
- Oliver Stockwell/Oscar Nilsson-Julien (GBr) 93
- Mel van der Veekens/Philip Heijnen (Ned) 77
- Marcus Sander Hansen/Frederik Egehus (Den) 70
- Michael Steyaert/Siebe Deweirdt (Bel) 31 +1 lap
- Filippo Ferronato/Matteo Donega (Ita) 10 +2 laps
- Brent Van Mulders/Tuur Dens (Bel) 38 +5 laps
- Gianluca Pollefliet/Noah Vandenbranden (Bel) 66 +9 laps
- Nicolas Wernimont/Maxwell De Broeder (Bel) 64
- Clément Petit/Kévin Vauquelin (Fra) 5